As the United States and China face myriad challenges at home and abroad, how Presidents Obama and Xi manage strategic issues has implications for building bilateral trust. Speakers weighed the impact of China’s domestic reforms – economic, legal, and political – on U.S.-China relations and examined China’s global economic outreach and U.S. foreign policy toward China vis-à-vis regional and international security.
– Jia Qingguo, Dean and Professor, School of International Studies, Peking University
– David M. Lampton, George and Sadie Hyman Professor of China Studies, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced and International Studies
– Cheng Li, Director, John L. Thornton China Center, Brookings Institution; Member, Committee of 100
– Eric X. Li, Founder and Managing Director, Chengwei Capital; Henry Crown Fellow, Aspen Institute
– Mary Kay Magistad, Former China Correspondent, NPR and PRI’s The World