Michael Fung was Senior Vice President and CFO of Walmart U.S. Michael joined Walmart in 2001 as Vice President, Finance and Administration for Global Procurement. He was promoted to Senior Vice President, Internal Audit Services in February 2003 and was later promoted to Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer Walmart U.S. in 2006.
In that role, Michael was responsible for U.S. finance operations including strategy, merchandising, logistics, real estate, operations, dotcom, and financial planning and analysis.
Prior to joining Wal-Mart, Michael served as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Sensient Technologies Corporation, a global manufacturer of colors, flavors, and fragrances; Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Vanstar Corporation, a computer reseller and network integrator; and Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Bass Pro Shops, Inc., a direct mail and retail company of sporting goods. Michael was also the Vice President and Corporate Controller for Beatrice Companies, Inc. Michael started his career with the accounting firm of Deloitte Touche in Chicago, Illinois.
Business and Professional Associations
• Financial Executives Institute
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Board Member and Vice Chair – Asian Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
• Member – Committee of 100
• Member – University of Illinois Foundation
• MBA, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
• BS, Accounting, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois
• CPA, State of Illinois