Douglas Tong Hsu is Chairman and CEO of Far Eastern Group (FEG), one of the largest and most diversified conglomerates based in Taiwan. It is comprised of some 250 companies extending into China with operations in countries including Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, and U. S. A. FEG has a workforce of 62,538 in 2020 and has total assets of US $99.99 billion and annual revenues of US $22.68 billion. The Group has nine public companies, which are leaders in their respective fields including Petrochemicals & Energy; Textile & Polyester Fiber; Cement/Building Material; Sea/Land Transportation; Financial Services; Construction; Telecom and Internet; Retail/Department Stores and Hotels. Family Foundations encourage social responsibilities and include the establishment of Taiwan’s leading private universities and medical center hospital.
Mr. Hsu is an architecture devotee and collector of modern art and sculptures. He enjoys reading, travel, diving, swimming, and sports.
• Honorary Doctorate of Management, National Chiao Tung University
• BA/MA, University of Notre Dame; post graduate studies, Columbia University
• Asia Business Council
• Asian Cultural Council
• Chiang Ching-kuo Foundation for International Scholarly Exchange
• Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research
• MasterCard Asia/Pacific Regional Advisory Board
• National Cultural & Arts Foundation
• The Straits Exchange Foundation
• Emeritus Trustee of University of Notre Dame