“Seeking Common Ground in Turbulent Times” will take place from May 5-6 in San Jose, California
New York, NY (April 24, 2023) — Committee of 100, a non-profit organization of prominent Chinese Americans, today announced an updated schedule of events and confirmed speakers to date for its annual Conference & Gala, convening under the theme “Seeking Common Ground in Turbulent Times.”
From across the U.S., distinguished academics, policymakers, and thought leaders will gather in Silicon Valley for two days of discussions, debates, keynotes, and networking sessions on the future of diplomacy, economic interdependence, the China Initiative, anti-Asian hate, and more. The event will be highlighted by a black-tie gala and reception on the evening of May 5.
- United States Congresswoman Judy Chu (D-California), will deliver the Gala keynote the evening of May 5. Representative Chu became the first Chinese American woman in history elected to Congress. As Chair of CAPAC, she has led the Congressional effort to fight anti-Asian hate, including efforts to root out racist language in legislation and bring an end to the China Initiative.
- Jean Cui, President and CEO of BlossomHill Therapeutics, and Dr. Peter Li, Chairman of BlossomHill Therapeutics, will receive the Committee of 100 Circle of Excellence Award for Humanity in Science & Technology. The award is given to the group or individual who pursues clinical science advancements for humankind on an international scale, utilizing science, technology, and research for such advancements.
- United States Congressman Ted W. Lieu (D-Los Angeles County) will receive the Committee of 100 Pinnacle Award for Public Service. The award is given to the group or individual that puts the interests of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community at the forefront of their policy and politics, regardless of party.
- Tony Xu, Co-Founder and CEO of DoorDash will receive the Committee of 100 Spotlight Award for Business Model Innovation. The award is given to the group or individual who develops a product or solution that fundamentally changes the traditional business model through technology, business processes, or direct B2B to B2C application.
- Janet Yang, President of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, will be awarded the Committee of 100 Chairman’s Award for Lifetime Achievement in Arts & Culture. The award is given to the group or individual who has a mission to advance the interests and promotion of minorities in the fields of arts & culture.
The updated list of confirmed speakers for keynotes and panels discussions includes:
- Cyndie Chang, Managing Partner, Duane Morris LLP; Committee of 100 Member
- Gordon Chang, Ph.D., Olive H. Palmer Professor in Humanities and Professor of History, Stanford University; Committee of 100 Member
- Christine Chen, Executive Director, Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote
- Lanhee J. Chen, Ph.D., David and Diane Steffy Fellow in American Public Policy Studies, Hoover Institution; Committee of 100 Member
- Reuben Chen, Board Member, Monte Jade West Science and Technology Association
- Brenda Choy, Director of Strategy, Chinese American Planning Council
- Jeff Fields, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Qin Gao, Ph.D., Professor of Social Policy and Social Work; Associate Dean for Doctoral Education; Director, China Center for Social Policy at Columbia University
- Buck J. Gee, Board Member, Angel Island Immigration Station Foundation; Northern California Regional Chair for Committee of 100
- Fengmin Gong, D., Chairman, Hua Yuan Science and Technology Association
- Murdo Gordon, Executive Vice President, Global Commercial Operations, Amgen
- Marguerite Gong Hancock, Vice President, Innovation & Programming and Director, Exponential Center, Computer History Museum
- Ditas M. Katague, Associate Director for Communications, U.S. Census Bureau
- Stewart Kwoh, Co-Founder and Co-Executive Director, The Asian American Education Project; Committee of 100 Member
- United States Congressman Ted W. Lieu (D-Los Angeles County)
- Ambassador Gary Locke; Former U.S. Ambassador to China; President of Bellevue College; Committee of 100 Chair
- Assemblymember Evan Low (D-Silicon Valley)
- Ben Meng, Ph.D., Executive Vice President and Chairman of Asia Pacific, Executive Sponsor of Sustainability, Franklin Templeton; Committee of 100 Member
- Peter Michelson, Ph.D., Professor of Physics, Stanford
- Rick Niu, President & CEO, Starr Strategic Holdings LLC; Committee of 100 Member
- Brian Sun, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright; Committee of 100 Member
- Andy Tang, Partner, Draper Associates
- Ernie Thrasher, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Xcoal Energy & Resources
- Margaret Wong, President & CEO, McWong International; Committee of 100 Member
- Jeremy Wu, D., Founder, APA Justice; Committee of 100 Member
These are the final weeks to get your tickets and join us at this year’s Committee of 100 Conference & Gala in Silicon Valley. Ticket and sponsorship information can be found here.
Accredited media interested in attending can reach out to email@example.com.
The current full agenda can be found here.
The official hashtag for the 2023 Committee of 100 Conference & Gala is #SeekingCommonGround.
Committee of 100 would like to thank its very generous sponsors for their support of the 2023 Conference & Gala including: (JADE) Fulgent Genetics | H. Roger Wang (DIAMOND) Kenson Ventures, LLC | J.T. Tai & Co. | (PLATINUM) Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP | Oscar Tang | Zoom (SILVER) Anonymous | Buck J. Gee | Akiko Yamazaki and Jerry Yang | Zion Enterprises LLC | (BRONZE) Anonymous | Deloitte & Touche LLP | Dorsey & Whitney LLP | Jerry Guo | KCY Family Office LLC (PEARL) Chi-Foon Chan | Anla Cheng | J. Michael Chu | East West Bank | Etron/eYs3D | Little Dragon Foundation | Shau-wai Lam | Deborah Liu | Philip and Margaret Ma | State Street | Anthony Sun | Waitex | Walden Catalyst Ventures | Lulu C. Wang | Sakura and William Wang | Brian A. Wong | Nora Wu | Ge Li & Ning Zhao Family Foundation | (SUPPORTER) Anonymous | David Chang
About Committee of 100
Committee of 100 is a non-profit U.S. leadership organization of prominent Chinese Americans in business, government, academia, healthcare, and the arts focused on public policy engagement, civic engagement, and philanthropy. For more than 30 years, Committee of 100 has served as a preeminent organization committed to the dual missions of promoting the full participation of Chinese Americans in all aspects of American life and constructive relations between the United States and Greater China. Visit https://www.committee100.org/ or follow Committee of 100 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for more information.
# # #
Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications
Committee of 100