“Chinese Americans in the New Millennium: Heralding Today’s Achievements, Shouldering Yesteryear’s Burdens” Conference & Gala will take place from May 5-7 in Washington, D.C.
New York, NY (April 26, 2022) — Committee of 100 today announced the updated schedule of events and confirmed speakers to date for its annual Conference & Gala, convening under the theme: Chinese Americans in the New Millennium: Heralding Today’s Achievements, Shouldering Yesteryear’s Burdens.
From across the U.S., distinguished academics, policymakers, and thought leaders will gather in Washington, D.C for a series of discussions, debates, keynotes, and networking sessions on the future of diplomacy, economic interdependence, the China Initiative, and anti-Asian hate and more.
The updated list of confirmed speakers includes:
- Craig Allen (President, U.S.-China Business Council)
- Ambassador Terry Branstad (Former U.S. Ambassador to China 2017-2020)
- Gang Chen (Carl Richard Soderberg Professor of Power Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Nathan Chen (U.S. Olympian, six-time U.S. Champion, and three-time World Champion)
- Wei Sun Christianson (Former Co-CEO of Asia Pacific and CEO of China, Morgan Stanley; Committee of 100 Member)
- Robert Daly (Director, Kissinger Institute on China and the United States, Wilson Center)
- Marita Etcubañez (Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives, Asian Americans Advancing Justice – AAJC)
- Ashley Gorski (Senior Staff Attorney, American Civil Liberties Union)
- Anming Hu (University of Tennessee, Knoxville)
- Richard Lester (Associate Provost for International Activities, MIT)
- Cheng Li (Director & Senior Fellow, John L. Thornton China Center, The Brookings Institution; Committee of 100 Member)
- Ida Liu (Global Head, Citi Private Bank; Committee of 100 Member)
- Ambassador Gary Locke (Former U.S. Ambassador to China; Committee of 100 Chair)
- Vincent Pan (Stop AAPI Hate; Co-Executive Director, Chinese for Affirmative Action)
- Congressman Jamie Raskin (U.S. Representative for Maryland’s 8th Congressional District)
- Ambassador J. Stapleton Roy (Former U.S. Ambassador to China 1991-1995)
- Harriet Schleifer (President, American Jewish Committee)
- Brian Sun (Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright; Co-Founder of the Alliance for Asian American Justice; Committee of 100 Member)
- Xiaoxing Xi (Laura H. Carnell Professor of Physics, Temple University)
- Jo-Ann Yoo (Executive Director, Asian American Federation)
- Eric S. Yuan [appearing virtually] (Founder and CEO, Zoom; Committee of 100 Member)
Final Days – Important Deadlines
These are the final days to get your tickets and join us at this year’s Committee of 100 Conference & Gala in Washington, D.C., from May 5-7.
Limited sponsorships are still available through April 28. There will be no on-site registration for the Conference & Gala, so those interested must register by May 1. Accredited reporters and editors are welcome to attend. Ticket information for the conference and the current agenda can be found here. For questions on any of the above, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Committee of 100
Committee of 100 is a non-profit U.S. leadership organization of prominent Chinese Americans in business, government, academia, healthcare, and the arts focused on public policy engagement, civic engagement, and philanthropy. For over 30 years, Committee of 100 has served as a preeminent organization committed to the dual missions of promoting the full participation of Chinese Americans in all aspects of American life and constructive relations between the United States and Greater China. Visit https://www.committee100.org/ or follow Committee of 100 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook for more information.
# # #