Location: New York, New York
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, Full benefits
Position Description: The position of Program Associate is a full-time position based in C100’s principal office in New York, New York, U.S.A. You will report to the Head of the NY Office. As the Program Associate, your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Program Development: in coordination with senior staff, build, grow and support key programs to advance C100’s dual missions.
- Development: assist senior staff with fundraising-related programs, such as researching and identifying prospects for core program support; maintaining the supporter database; and supporting donor management tasks.
- Communication: support senior staff on communication tasks, including website maintenance, marketing materials, and social media management.
- Event Management: collaborate with fellow staff and field associates in planning and executing all facets of C100 events. Responsibilities include coordinating the registration process and post-event follow-up, liaising with vendors, producing collaterals, managing volunteers, etc.
- Executive / Administrative Support: provide administrative support to senior staff and assist with daily office administrative logistics; support operational budget management; prepare briefings and meeting materials for senior staff; draft program and event budgets; draft, edit, and proofread documents and update the organizational database and maintain office inventory.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal.
- Conversational fluency in Mandarin required; basic ability to read and write in Chinese desirable.
- Involvement/interest in the Chinese American community and Asian American issues.
- BA/BS or MA/MS or equivalent degree.
- Proficiency in social and digital media tools and platforms, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented.
- Flexible and able to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, fluid, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to prioritize work, set expectations, meet deadlines, multi-task and produce consistent, quality work.
- Keen sense of judgment and confidentiality.
The following experience is not required but will be looked at favorably:
- At least one year of professional experience.
- Project/Event Management experience.
- Knowledge/experience in accounting/financial management.
- Knowledge/experience in digital marketing, website management and graphic design.
- Degree or post-graduate education in Asian American Studies, East Asian Studies, Ethnic Studies, Business, International Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related fields.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter with the subject heading “APPLICANT FOR PROGRAM ASSOCIATE – <FULL NAME>” to email@example.com
Organization: Committee of 100 (C-100)
Headquarters: New York, New York
The Committee of 100 is an international non-partisan leadership organization of over 150 extraordinary Chinese Americans in business, government, academia, entertainment, and the arts. Founded in 1990 by I.M. Pei, Yo-Yo Ma, Henry S. Tang, Oscar Tang, Shirley Young, and the late Chien-Shiung Wu, the Committee has been committed for over 25 years to a dual mission of promoting the full participation and inclusion of Chinese Americans in all fields of American life, and encouraging constructive relations between the peoples of the United States and Greater China.
Intern – Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available
Location: New York City
Reports to: Full-Time Staff, with opportunity to work directly with senior level staff
- Provide programmatic, event management, and administrative assistance
- Tasks will depend on skills offered
- Committed to Asian American and/or U.S.-China issues
- Pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in reputable school
- Highly driven and detail-oriented
- Professional demeanor
- Able to produce written deliverables with zero spelling and grammatical mistakes
- Competency in Chinese language and culture is a plus
- Candidates should be available to work 10-20 hours a week (part-time). Work Study is an option.
- Unpaid internship
Please describe your qualifications and explain your interest in this position in an email, serving as a formal cover letter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please attach your CV/resume)